You just received a second computer monitor to help you be more productive. However, learning these shortcuts for multiple monitors will make you a productivity guru.
- Win+Home: Clear all but the active window.
- Win+Space: All windows become transparent so you can see through to the desktop.
- Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window.
- Shift+Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window vertically.
- Win+Down arrow: Minimize the window/Restore the window if it’s maximized.
- Win+Left/Right arrows: Dock the window to the side of the current monitor, additional presses will push the application to the next monitor edge, then center, then opposite edge continuing in this pattern across all available monitors.
- Shift+Win+Left/Right arrows: Move the window to the monitor on the left or right.